As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, the I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the interchanges at 2600 South in North Salt Lake/Bountiful and at 500 South in Bountiful/West Bountiful. The animations below detail the coming changes and provide information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchanges.
WATCH THE 36 HOUR 500 SOUTH DDI CONVERSION ON JUNE 13-14 IN LESS THAN 3 MINUTES
The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is working to improve mobility on I-15 and east/west corridors in South Davis County to meet current traffic needs.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Build new ExpressLanes in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace aging bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and Parrish Lane.
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, to avoid delays, please consider an alternate route, such as Legacy Parkway, or use FrontRunner for your daily commute. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
• The 2600 South interchange is expected to open in its new configuration in mid-July. The interchange will remain open during the conversion to the new configuration. Motorists can expect nighttime lane closures in the area. More details will be published as schedules are confirmed.
• The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of eastbound traffic accessing southbound I-15 at this location.
• This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange.
• The new 500 South Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) under I-15 is now open. Please pay close attention to signs and striping. Crews will monitor traffic flow in the area and make adjustments to signals as needed through mid-June. See below for more information on how the new interchange functions.
• The 500 South interchange in Bountiful functions very much like the Pioneer Crossing Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) in American Fork, except that the DDI in Bountiful will be under I-15. This short animation and graphic detail the final configuration of the 500 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate it. Visit the 500 South Page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
• Remaining activities at 500 South will either be outside the travel lanes or occur with lane closures at night through August.