The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane. Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- • I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
• Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges. These plans are draft versions and are subject to change.
• Lane Splits are in place on I-15 at 2600 South.
• The 400 North bridge over I-15 is scheduled for Spring 2015. The on- and off-ramps will remain open. View the 400 N Detour map
Upcoming Construction Activities
The I-15 Lane Split is at 2600 South!
* To exit northbound I-15 at 2600 South, motorists should enter the right two lanes just north of the I-215 interchange.
* For southbound exits at 2600 South, enter the right two lanes prior to 2600 South (where the current southbound split begins).
* Through traffic should utilize the left two lanes to avoid ramp traffic.
The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph in the lane split zones. Drivers are encouraged to pay close attention to electronic message and exit signs and change lanes early enough to safely exit.
- • Nightly through April, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on southbound I-15 between 2600 South and I-215 from midnight to 3:00 a.m. while crews install overhead signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
- • The night of March 27, Southbound I-15 will be shifted to the outside between 400 North and 500 South. In early April, southbound I-15 traffic will be shifted to the outside between State Street and Glover’s Lane. Expect lane closures at night during this work and new lane configurations.
- • Crews continue installing foundational ground supports at night for the new Parrish Lane pedestrian structure through March 28. Expect single lane closures on the ramps and Parrish Lane near I-15 during this work. I-15 lane restrictions may also occur at night during this activity.
- • As early as March 31, traffic is scheduled to be shifted to the south on Parrish Lane, west of I-15.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will replace the aging 400 North Bridge in West Bountiful in spring 2015. The project will reconstruct the bridge in the same alignment as currently exists. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
• I-15 closures will be scheduled for bridge demolition and girder placement
• During construction, the 400 North off-ramp will remain open but there will be no east/west access. The 400 North southbound on-ramp will be closed for approximately one month. Motorists exiting northbound I-15 at 400 North should use 500 South to access areas west of I-15. Alternate Routes
• More schedule information will be provided as it is confirmed.
• As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, the I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 500 South Interchange in Bountiful. The new interchange will be a Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area. A DDI briefly swaps traffic to the opposite side of the road as it passes under the interstate to provide safer left turns and reduced waiting time at signals.Click here to view a brief animation
• the night Friday, March 27, crews are scheduled to set girders on the new bridge over 500 South. Expect intermittent, short-term closures with delays up to 15 minutes. Use 2600 South as an alternate route.
• The Frontage Road near 650 West (west of Texaco on the north side of 500 South) will be closed beginning 7:00 a.m. Friday, March 27 until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, March 29 and then again from 7:00 a.m. Monday, March 30 until 6:00 a.m. Tuesday, March 31.
- • As early as the night of Saturday, April 4, crews are scheduled to shift traffic to the south side of 2600 South. Expect lane closures at night and a new traffic configuration.
- • In mid-April the new southbound off-ramp configuration is expected to open. This
short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
- • Expect nighttime lane closures on 2600 South and side streets for paving and other construction activities through summer.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- • Expect nightly lane closures on I-15 through summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
- • Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division 801-965-4892.
- • Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
2600 South Area:
• Work is underway in all areas of 2600 South near US-89 and 500 West, 1100 North near Overland Road, and on 800 West near the southbound off-ramp through project completion. The ramps will remain open during peak times. Expect additional construction activities and changing ramp lane configurations throughout the area.
• As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, the I-15 south Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 2600 South Interchange in North Salt Lake/Bountiful. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area. This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South Page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. FrontRunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
• The City of North Salt Lake has begun realigning Overland Drive from 900 North to 1100 North this spring. The project is expected to complete in approximately two months, weather permitting. For more information contact 801-335-8730
• Bountiful Irrigation District will begin a project at the intersection of 50 South and 500 West as early as March 9. Impacts are expected on all corners of the intersection. For more information contact 801-295-5573
• Bountiful Power and Comcast are currently performing utility work on 400 North, east of I-15.