The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane. Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- • I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
• Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges. These plans are draft versions and are subject to change.
• Lane Splits are in place on I-15 between 1500 South and 400 North. The splits will be extended to include the 2600 South interchange in mid-February 2015.
• The 400 North bridge over I-15 is scheduled for Spring 2015. The on- and off-ramps will remain open. View the 400 N Detour map
Upcoming Construction Activities
The I-15 Lane Split has been extended to 2600 South!
* To exit northbound I-15 at 2600 South, 500 South, or 400 North, motorists should enter the right two lanes just north of the I-215 interchange.
* For southbound exits at 500 South and 2600 South, enter the right two lanes prior to 500 South (where the current southbound split begins).
* Through traffic should utilize the left two lanes to avoid ramp traffic.
The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph in the lane split zones. Drivers are encouraged to pay close attention to electronic message and exit signs and change lanes early enough to safely exit.
- • Weeknights through February, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on southbound I-15 between 2600 South and I-215 from midnight to 3:00 a.m. while crews install overhead signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
- • I-15 widening will occur in the median between 400 North and 500 West in early March and will extend north between Glover’s Lane and 200 West later in March. Expect increased construction activities in the area.
- • At night during the first week of March, Parrish Lane will be reduced to one lane in each direction while crews shift traffic to the north in preparation for roadway widening. Expect additional construction activities in the area through summer.
- • The nights of February 26 and 28, 1500 South will be closed to east/west traffic while crews demolish the last remaining portion of the old I-15 bridge overhead. Motorists can use 500 South or 2600 South as an alternative route. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and construction activities during this time.
- • The night of February 27, 1500 South will be flagged while crews remove the old girders. Expect intermittent delays on 1500 South up to 15 minutes.
- • Motorists can use 500 South or 2600 South as an alternate rout. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and construction activities during these activities.
- • Nightly through March 4, crews will install steel bridge supports deep into the ground. Expect additional noise and construction activities during these activities.
- • Saturday, February 28 at 10 pm until Sunday, March 1 at noon, 2600 South is scheduled to be closed to east/west traffic at I-15 while crews complete roadwork on 2600 South under I-15. The on- and- off ramps at the I-15 interchange will remain open, but there will be no east/west access on 2600 South during this activity. Use 500 South or U.S. 89 as an alternative.
- • Expect increased construction activities on 2600 South/1100 North and near the southbound on- and- off ramps through March. Consider alternate routes including I-215, Redwood Road and U.S. 89.
- • As part of UDOT’s vision to
- , the I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 2600 South Interchange in North Salt Lake/Bountiful. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area. This
- details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the
- to see the new interchange design and learn more.
The clearance height of the I-15 bridge over 2600 South will be increased to 14′ 6″ by March 2, 2015 until project completion in summer 2015. Until March 2, high loads should use I-215 to Redwood Toad as an alternate route.
- • Expect nightly lane closures through spring. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division, 801-965-4892.
• The clearance height of the I-15 bridge over 2600 South has been temporarily reduced to 13′ 7″ through Spring 2015. High loads should use I-215 to Redwood Road as an alternative route.
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. FrontRunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.