The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
• Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
• Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
• Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
• Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Spring 2015. Construction on 2600 South and 500 South is expected to continue through Summer 2015. The 400 North bridge over I-15 is scheduled to close for 90 days in late January/February 2015. Link to 400 North Detour map here 400 N Detour.
Upcoming Construction Activities
• As early as October 20, crews will begin work on the waterline on the north side of 1500 South between 600 West and 675 West. Expect shoulder closures and lane restrictions during the day through mid-November. Flaggers will be present to control traffic. More information about anticipated impacts will be provided as schedules are confirmed.
• As early as October 20, signal and utility relocation will begin at the intersection of 500 South and 500 West. Expect a traffic shift in late October and increased construction activity in the area. Local business access will be maintained.
• As early as October 27, crews will shift traffic to the north side of 500 South between I-15 and just east of 500 West to allow room for a work zone on the south side. Expect single lane closures at night.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
• Expect multiple lane closures on I-15 at night in both directions through October. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with I-15 restricted to one lane in each direction by midnight. These lane closures will be implemented for the bullet points below and other activities including asphalt removal and replacement, concrete pavement rehabilitation, restriping and bridge rehabilitation at multiple locations throughout the project corridor. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and activity.
• Nightly through October, expect roadway removal and paving operations in various locations on I-15 in both directions between I-215 and 500 South.
• Expect single lane closures and flagging operations on 1500 South during the day and nighttime hours. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
• Steel bridge support installation (pile driving) continues at 2600 South through October. This activity is expected to take place during daylight hours. Surrounding residents and businesses can expect an increase in noise and vibration.
• Crews continue bridge construction activities on 500 South and 1500 South, and 2600 South near I-15.
• Noise wall panel installation continues through early November between 400 North and U.S. 89. Area residents can expect an increase in noise and construction activities at night during this work.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′.
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays And Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
North Salt Lake 1100 North Reconstruction Project (Redwood Road – 110 East)
• Construction continues on this project.
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.