W.W. Clyde Co. has been selected as the Design-Build team. Design and construction are currently underway.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
Upcoming Construction Activities
- Expect multiple lane closures on I-15 at night in both directions through October. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with I-15 restricted to one lane in each direction by midnight. These lane closures will be implemented for the bullet points below and other activities including asphalt removal and replacement, concrete pavement rehabilitation, restriping and bridge rehabilitation at multiple locations throughout the project corridor. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and activity.
- Nightly through October, expect roadway removal and paving operations in various locations on I-15 in both directions between I-215 and 500 South.
- Nightly through October, expect single lane closures, flagging, and intermittent short-term delays on 500 South at night while crews continue bridge construction activities overhead.
- Nightly through October, expect single lane closures and flagging operations on 1500 South. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise, dust, vibration, and construction vehicles in the area.
- The week of September 29 crews will begin installation of steel bridge supports deep into the ground, also known as pile driving. This activity is expected to take place during daylight hours and continue daily through mid-October. Surrounding residents and businesses can expect an increase in noise and vibration.
- Construction activities are in full effect at 2600 South under the bridge. A pedestrian walkway has been established for safety. Please follow signs and remain in the posted pedestrian walkway.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Nightly, through late September crews are completing concrete repairs between Pages Lane and U.S. 89. Area residents can expect an increase in noise and construction activities.
- Crews continue bridge construction activities on 500 South and 1500 South, and 2600 South near I-15.
- Noise wall panel installation continues between 500 West and Pages Lane. Wall installation is expected to continue in October. Area residents can expect an increase in noise and construction activities at night during this work
- Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′.
- Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.