The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
- Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m.
Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
- Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges.
Watch as 50 people and approximately 24 pieces of machinery convert the 500 South interchange in just 34 hours over the weekend of June 13-15.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
In observance of Independence Day, there will be no work with impacts to traffic from Friday, July 3 until 10:00 p.m. Sunday, July 5.
• The nights of July 7, 11, and 12, crews are scheduled to remove and replace asphalt on northbound I-15 from I-215 to Center Street. The week of July 13, expect the same activity on southbound I-15 between 2600 South and Main Street. Expect multiple lane closures at night in the area. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise.
• Crews have begun shifting sections of I-15 into their permanent lane configurations in various locations. Be prepared for changing lane lines in various locations throughout the project.
• Monday night, July 6, the 2600 South southbound off-ramp will be closed while crews pave and tie it into the I-15 mainline. The right lane on southbound I-15 will also be closed near the interchange during this work. Motorists should use 500 South as an alternate route. Trucks are advised to use I-215 to Redwood Road as an alternate.
• The nights of July 8-9, crews are scheduled to remove and replace asphalt on 2600 South (1100 North), west of I-15. Expect lane restrictions in the area. Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise.
• The new Overland Drive is expected to be re-opened to traffic the night of June 28 as part of North Salt Lake City’s project. Please contact 801-335-8730 for more information.
• The night of July 6, the 2600 South southbound off-ramp will be closed while crews pave and tie it into the I-15 mainline. The right lane on southbound I-15 will also be closed near the interchange during this work. Motorists should use 500 South as an alternate route. Trucks are advised to use I-215 to Redwood Road as an alternate.
• The 2600 South interchange is expected to open in its new configuration in mid-July. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of eastbound traffic accessing southbound I-15 at this location.
• The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of eastbound traffic accessing southbound I-15 at this location.
• This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange.
• Nightly, July 10-12 crews are scheduled to complete paving work on the on-ramp from Parrish Lane to northbound I-15. Expect single lane closures on the ramp and some minor delays.
• The week of July 6, crews will install fence, paint and build new sidewalk and barrier on the west side of the new Parrish Lane pedestrian bridge over I-15.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change.
• I-15 will be reduced to one lane nightly through mid-August while crews complete a number of activities in preparation for project completion later this summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with I-15 reduced to one lane by midnight.
• Utah Highway Patrol will conduct rolling slowdowns intermittently at night to allow for overhead sign installation within the project corridor. Expect intermittent delays up to 15 minutes.
• Expect nightly lane closures on I-15 through summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division. 801-965-4892
The 400 North Bridge has been removed and crews are beginning construction on the ground supports. 400 North will remain closed at I-15 until project completion this summer. The new bridge will have improved sidewalk, wider shoulders, and higher barrier. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
• During construction, the 400 North on- and off- ramps will remain open during the day. Expect intermittent nighttime ramp closures. Alternate Routes
• Expect additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-15 near 400 North for bridge construction beginning in mid-April.
• The new 500 South Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) under I-15 is now open. Please pay close attention to signs and striping. Crews will monitor traffic flow in the area and make adjustments to signals as needed through mid-June. See below for more information on how the new interchange functions.
• The 500 South interchange in Bountiful will function very much like the Pioneer Crossing Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) in American Fork, except that the DDI in Bountiful will be under I-15. This short animation and graphic detail the final configuration of the 500 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate it. Visit the 500 South Page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
• Remaining activities at 500 South following conversion to the DDI will be outside the travel lanes or occur with lane closures at night through early August.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays and Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel time. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. Frontrunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
• The City of North Salt Lake has begun realigning Overland Drive from 900 North to 1100 North this spring. For more information contact 801-335-8730