The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
- Expect single and double lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m.
Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
- I-15 ExpressLane and bridge construction is expected to conclude in Summer 2015.
- Construction on 2600 South and 500 South side streets is ongoing through Summer 2015. Click here for concept plans of the 2600 South and 500 South interchanges.
UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
- Northbound I-15 will be reduced to one lane between 500 South and I-215 the night of Monday, April 20 while crews remove the 2600 South lane splits and shift traffic to the outside lanes.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will replace the aging 400 North Bridge in West Bountiful in spring/summer 2015. The project will reconstruct the bridge in the same alignment as currently exists. No major changes will be made to the way traffic flows in the area when the bridge is complete.
- During construction, the 400 North on-and off-ramps will remain open during the day. Expect intermittent nighttime ramp closures. Alternate routes
- Expect additional nighttime lane restrictions on I-15 near 400 North for bridge construction beginning in mid-April.
- Area residents can expect additional nighttime noise from April 17-30.
• The nights of April 23-25, 2600 South is scheduled to be closed for the final phase of bridge demolition. The ramps will remain open but there will be no east/west access under I-15. Use 500 South as an alternate route.
• In early May, the new southbound off-ramp configuration is expected to open. This short animation details the coming changes at the 2600 South Interchange and provides information for drivers on how to navigate the new interchange. Visit the 2600 South page to see the new interchange design and learn more.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
• Expect nightly lane closures on I-15 through summer. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m. with two lanes closed by 11:00 p.m.
• Nightly through April, UHP will perform intermittent rolling slowdowns on I-15 between Parrish Lane and I-215 from midnight to 3: a.m. while crews install overhead signs. Expect delays of 15-20 minutes and use alternate routes like Legacy Parkway, Redwood Road or U.S. 89 to avoid delays.
• Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′. Trucks carrying loads wider than 11′ should contact the UDOT Motor Carrier Division. 801-965-4892
• Per city ordinance, trucks are restricted from using Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake as an alternate to 2600 South/1100 North. Trucks should use I-215 as an alternate route.
• Through April, crews will perform some roadway widening activities in preparation for pedestrian bridge construction. Expect additional construction activities west of I-15 at the interchange.
2600 South Area
• Work is underway in all areas of 2600 South near US-89 and 500 West, 1100 North near Overland Road, and on 800 West near the southbound off-ramp through project completion. The ramps will remain open during peak times. Expect additional construction activities and changing ramp lane configurations throughout the area.
• As part of UDOT’s vision to Keep Utah Moving, The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will reconstruct the 2600 South Interchange in North Salt Lake/Bountiful. The new interchange includes a modified continuous flow intersection (CFI) and is designed to manage the high volume of east/west traffic in this area.
Plan Ahead To Reduce Delays and Impacts
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel time. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. Frontrunner provides all-day service with 30-min. frequency during peak hours.
Stay alert and be prepared for changing lane configurations in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.