W.W. Clyde Co. has been selected as the Design-Build team. Design and construction are currently underway.
The I-15 South Davis Improvements project will:
- Add ExpressLanes to I-15 in both directions from the north I-215 interchange to U.S. 89/Park Lane in Farmington.
- Replace bridges at 2600 South, 1500 South, 500 South, and 400 North.
- Reconfigure the interchanges at 2600 South and 500 South in Bountiful to improve east/west mobility.
- Improve active transportation with better pedestrian facilities at 500 South, 400 North and a new pedestrian bridge at Parrish Lane.
Expect lane restrictions on I-15 nightly as early as 7:00 p.m. and as late as 7:00 a.m. Actual lane closure times may vary within these hours based on real time traffic numbers.
Upcoming Construction Activities
- Expect multiple lane closures on I-15 at night in both directions through mid-September. Single lane closures will begin at 9:00 p.m.with I-15 restricted to one lane in each direction by midnight. These lane closures will be implemented to allow space for asphalt removal and replacement, concrete pavement rehabilitation, and bridge rehabilitation at multiple locations throughout the project corridor.
- Area residents can expect an increase in nighttime noise and activity
- Thursday, July 31, crews will begin relocating a waterline on 500 South between the rail tracks and 500 West. Work will occur between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. for approximately three weeks. One lane will be maintained in each direction at night. All lanes will be open during the day. Expect increased nighttime activity and metal plates in the roadway.
- The nights of August 8 & 9, portions of the old 2600 South bridge over I-15 will be demolished. 2600 South will be closed to east/west traffic under the bridge from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. nightly during demolition. The I-15 interchange will remain open. I-15 traffic can use 500 South and local traffic can use 1500 South as alternate routes. See map below.
Construction schedules and dates are subject to change
- Crews continue to rehabilitate the bridge over Center Street and Main Street in North Salt Lake. Area residents may experience an increase in light, noise, and vehicle activity associated with this work.
- Night paving is ongoing on the west side of I-15 between 2600 South and 500 South through July and on the east side of I-15 between 2600 South and Pages Lane through early August.
- Median reconstruction between Parrish Lane and the northern project limits is ongoing through August.
- Crews continue roadway widening activities in the shoulders between I-215 and Pages Lane during the day and at night on both sides of I-15. Area residents may experience an increase in light, noise, and vehicle activity associated with this work.
- Crews continue construction activities on 500 South near I-15 including soil stabilization efforts for the new bridge.
- Bridge work continues at 500 South and 1500 South.
- Travel lanes are narrowed to 11′.
I-15 will remain open without restrictions during peak hours. However, travel delays up to 30 minutes are expected during peak travel times. Use Legacy Parkway or Frontrunner to avoid delay. The Legacy Parkway truck restriction will remain in place except in an emergency situation when trucks may temporarily be allowed.
Stay alert and be prepared for reduced speeds in the project area for your safety and the safety of those working here. Please obey the posted speed and be aware for changing roadway conditions throughout the project area.
Other Projects in the Area
Contact 888-427-8585 or 11thNorth@gmail.com for more information.