UDOT closes the following roads through the winter, typically November through May or June, depending on the weather.
- SR-39 Monte Cristo (east of Ogden) – closed until spring 2024
- SR-65 East Canyon (northeast of Salt Lake City) – closed until spring 2024
- SR-190 Guardsman Pass (Brighton to Park City) – closed until spring 2024
- SR-224 Guardsman Pass (Park City to Midway) – currently open
- SR-92 American Fork Canyon / Alpine Loop – closed until spring 2024
- SR-150 Mirror Lake Highway (east of Kamas to near the Wyoming border) – closed until spring 2024
- SR-35 Wolf Creek Summit (east of Francis to west of Hanna) – currently open
- SR-153 Mount Holly (east of Beaver above Eagle Point Resort) – closed until spring 2024
- SR-148 Cedar Breaks National Monument (east of Cedar City) – currently open
The UDOT Traffic website and app contain the status in the Mountain Passes map layer.
For other non-state maintained routes, like the Nebo Loop, please inquire locally for seasonal closure information.