UDOT provide permits for various purposes. All permitting programs are tied to Utah Administrative Rules and follow the Department’s Strategic Goals of:
- Zero Crashes, Injuries, Fatalities
- Optimizing Mobility
- Preserving Infrastructure
*Create a UDOT Permit account (“New User”) if you do not already have an account.
What type of permit do I need?
- Access Permits are for designing any driveway or street connection to a Utah highway.
- Encroachment Permits are for bonded contractors to perform any construction activity within the UDOT right-of-way.
- Special Event Permits are for activities such as parades, races, or media recordings.
- Outdoor Advertising Permits are for billboard locations.
- Small Wireless Permits are for establishing 5G networks.
- Trucking Permits are for oversized, wide loads, and other large vehicle permits.
- Statewide Utility License Agreement (SULA) is required prior to applying to place any type of utility or service within the UDOT right-of-way.
- 811 is the Utah system for requesting utility markings (BlueStakes) prior to excavation. (It’s the Law!)